Saturday, December 6, 2008

December 5th and 6th, THE GERMAN LIFE.

Yesterday was my birthday.
I can hardly believe I am 24 yrs. old.
Next week on the 12th I will have a 16 month old.
Where does the time go?
The day saw Logan and I together and then later after Lance got home from work we went out and had dinner at this German place called,"The Buffalo Steakhouse." It was really good and the portions were worth the money. It was great we had a sitter, the alone time was nice.
I am really happy to be back.
There is some "red" military tape, but there's always things you don't like anywhere you go.
That is just life.
I am not sure some people understand what being here in Germany really means. Cheaper travel and an experience of a life time. People pay thousands of dollars to come over here..ya know. I am thankful for the oppotunity to live here.

Today, we went downtown. The Christmas market in town is a blaze and things are just
naturally hopping on Saturday though as Sunday everything everywhere is closed.
We just walked and looked around really.
Got a pastry, bread, it was yummy.
I kept watching everything - It is amazing to me how it is so much like the US and how different it is. There are many cultures living here. You see people of all colors walking around and sharing in life - that is how it is the same, but then they're speaking different languages and just a lot more set on community. That's how it is different.

Now we're home and I think planning on a family nap and then we finally have to get rid of these boxes. They never came for them, so we have to put them in our storage unit until we can get ahold of them to come and get them at last........

No comments: