Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.-Blaise Pascal

Well, I am up again way too early. 0345 today. It's always between 0300-0400 that I stir. I don't know why, now it's just a programming. I remember being in high school, during the week days it was 0530, but any day I wasn't in school anything before 0900 was terrible. I guess I can thank the dog for "thudding" to the ground for waking me. I am downstairs in the basement and you can hear EVERYTHING. I just don't know why that dog thinks she has to hop of, I mean, "Hello," we know you're there when A) WE hear YOU or B) WE find YOUR HAIR, on the couch in the morning, but I guess if she think being sneaky helps so be it - But Kahlua, seriously we know!

I did do my online devotion though. I also emailed who I needed to email today. I even did our budget to get us through until the 15th of November. This check is going to be nice..it's paying the bills, getting us home, and getting me to school - can't complain at all. I am not saying the Army or military life in general is easy, but at the same time I think where we'd be if Lance and I were married and not in the Army - I just can't see it. We live very comfortably for an almost 24 year old and a 28 year old. While deployments are never easy, I thank God for blessing our steps, especially with Lance's Army career and the fact that since 2006 he's actually got a job he loves to do.

Anyway, so I feel somewhat accomplished. Yesterday the roomed was finally all cleaned, but I am dreading having to send what we have home. We have three foot-lockers - plus each of us will have a carry-on and suitcase for the plane. This poof that we as people have way too much stuff. I am already giving away what we don't need to either the Salvation Army or friends, but still we're sending plenty home. Then my mind keeps wandering to all I will have to do when I get to my house, bleck, more stuff. But I do plan on a basement sale down stairs in our Apartment after I organize and seperate everything. So, I feel good - soon it will be done.

Then there's voting. My Dad sent me the link to my voter registration, so I looked and I can vote early up north here. So, I will be voting, in my second election on October 31st. I am very excited. Some people don't believe voting matters or that voting for your morals makes a difference, but I believe other wise. If everyone in the country said, "It doesn't matter," and only one person came out to vote, then guess what - THAT PERSON'S VOTE MATTERED. Anyway, enough about that, I know people are passionate about their politics..

It's almost 0515, I will probably call the boys in FL and then I am thinking more shut-eye sounds good...so this is me, for this morning at least........

No comments: