Wednesday, October 22, 2008

To the Future WE look!

It's hard, we are not promised tomorrow the Lord says and yet I keep looking forwards. Lance, Logan, Kahlua, and I will head back to Germany on November 12th now due to our circumstances and while I love my family, my friends, and all of the people I have met over the last 8 months, I am so ready for my own home, my own bed, my castle if you will. I am the Queen of somewhere and it's an apartment in Wiesbaden. While I am saying all of that I realize how disorginized everything is, what I will be returning to. I haven't seen my house since Feb. but I know it is just a mess. I have to go through Logan's clothes. The ones we left were small infant clothes and now he's in 12-18 months, my husband has more clothes than any soldier on the planet I think, and the kitchen and living room need re-organizing. I think the theme of my heart is "Fresh start," not that I will ever forget my daughter, Arianna, but we do have to go on for Logan as well as each other and I quiet frankly am keeper of my home and I take care of Lance and Logan. Anyway, I am looking forward to the challenge and to start a new year, a new. I think my biggest project will be the master bedroom. I def. think Lance and I will need a place to be able to talk and relax. Out of 4 1/2 yrs. of being married, about 1/2 has been apart. it is insane to me. Sometimes I think to myself, "I didn't get married, to be alone," but then again I am an Army Wife, and the call of duty to a degree comes before the family and if that is my duty as Lance's wife, then I will do it happily. Here's to redecorating!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Sewell said...

Glad to see you have a blog!

I love you!
Crystal <><

Mommy of 2 said...

I know what you mean about being an Amry Wife. Sometimes I think that if i wanted to be alone all the time I would have just stayed single, but then Dan comes home and everything seems so right. Good Luck with your trip back to Germany. I remember making that trip last at this time with Brayden. Dan and I were both so stressed by the time we got off the plane we didn't know what to do. I am glad you will have many things to keep you busy when you return. I know I am always rearranging our house to make it "better" or to "fix it". Doesn't always work though.