Sunday, October 26, 2008

So, maybe I'm PSYCHO.

Maybe I am psycho, but I am researching homeschooling. I am feel very strongly that I want to homeschool Logan (and my future children) at least until middle or high school depending on our situation and then he (they) would attend a Christian school - but I do not approve of public schools. I realize some people have to do what they have to do, but both Lance and I feel very strongly about being involved what our children are or will learn. Now here comes the really psycho part. I want to start small activities when we get home and keep adding until he's three when I would look at buying an actual school circ. Lance and I have talked and we've decided that when we get home, the bottles, all three of them, will be tossed out, and it will be sippy cups all the way, we will begin potty training, and working hard on his speaking and signing vocabulary. Obviously the last 8 months have been difficult with me being pregnant and then Arianna's passing. Logan is the average 14 month old, but I feel like I should and could be doing more. I don't want my son to suffer because I am tired, sad, or anything like that. I feel that if I focus on my school, I had better focus on his "schooling" or learning as well. Logan has a great interest in music and coloring, so I know I can use those - and just do a few basic things until we really start. So, maybe I am crazy, but I need not only Logan to learn, but I need lots to keep me going.

Ash

3 comments:

Mommy of 2 said...

Honey you are not psycho at all. I have actually thought of home schooling Brayden many times. But then he starts acting up and I think that I will look forward to having a break from him and he from me. I started potty training B at 16 to 18 months. my doctor told me i was crazy because boys don't start until 2 1/2. He was potty trained by 2. Obviously we still had accidents, heck we still have accidents now. The only things I can say is, not that you want advice or my opnion but, don't try too hard. I did with B and he doesn't like lots of learning activities. He is a very smart boy. So I had to figure away for doing it with toys and games. I hope you figure out what you want to do. I am still up in the air. My mom wants me to send him to public school because he needs to be with other kids more. He was also off the bottle at 9 months, due tot the babysitter. They have great sippy cups that have a rubber nipple on them, which is more like a straw and they work wonders as a transition cup until they get use to it and move on to a regular sippy.take care j

Mrs. Sewell said...

YAY for homeschool! I have a few books that I want to order for you and send to you. I will wait until you are in Germany though. That way you don't have more to pack.

I am sure Logan will transition well when you all get home and settled into a more stable routine.

You know I will support you 100% in homeschooling as I believe it is the best education choice for Christian parents, and a more Biblical one, regardless how tired or frustrated we get with our little ones. You know probably more than we all do about how short life can be and that we should cherish each moment we have with our babies.

I love you and am forever praying for you!

God Bless
Crystal <><

MomOfDudes said...

I love your new blogspot. Dont forget to put me on your list
Momofdudes@blogspot.com/
As far as the potty training goes, give it a try but dont give it another thought if it doesnt work out for now. Both of my sons were 2 1/2 before they showed any signs of being ready for that big boy stuff.

Blessings to you my friend

Troy