Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday, the day of REST.

Sunday is the day of rest.
Or so it is written.
Maybe it's in my humanity, but on Sunday, I am not at home resting.
But it is interesting to note where we get our rest and what true rest is.
This is how my day looks, wake up, get showered and ready, eat breakfast, get to sunday school, and if I have Logan, get him to the nursery, then some chit-chat, make it to service. After that I usually drive home, we have lunch, and well I have a few hours of leisure time before I head to my evening bible study. Doesn't reading that just exhuast you?
Well, it may seem like a lot, but it's really refreshing for me.
I love going to sunday school and learning from my leader. Jay, is just an amazing teacher, it helps that he teaches at NBC (our bible college) and teaches as a professor. Sometimes we joke with him that he's too deep for the early morning, but honestly I thrive on being forced to go into the deep places of my heart.
And my Pastor well he's just one of the best. He really is a man of God and has a huge heart. So, going to the service is always a life lesson type thing.
That for me is rest. My head learns and my heart is touched.
Then of course fellowshiping, that speaks for itself. A women, let alone me, needs conversation and get-to-gethers.
Today was a more of the same. Everyone asked how I felt, and I answered how I could. I basically have really rough early mornings, mainly in the shower if you can believe it. But I am okay. Honestly, I am just taking it day by day.

Well I am off to join my leisure now...ha-ha...
God bless you all!

No comments: