Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The DOG!

When you start out with,"The dog," it can never be good.
I went to the thrift store at 10am. It's only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays if that helps to explain my excitement.
I was on a mission, curtains for our bedroom and cheap if you PLEASE!
For those of you who don't know, Germans love big windows, Germans built our apartment, so we have the BIG windows.
So, I find the curtains, three panels, a total of $9 bucks. I can handle that.
I also find a few other things.
Come home, my hands are full and so I can't make it all the way up - ring my husband and he comes down to help me.
This is when it happens...
The dog somehow gets out, only we don't see Kahlua actually get out, rather I get someone ringing our apartment on the intercom.
"Do you have a black dog?" They ask me.
"Yes," I say confused.
"Well she's out here running around and she pooped on the front door mat too." She says.
"Okay, I am coming," I say mortified.
I get Kahlua upstairs, race back over to the thrift store for two decent floor mats, give the to my Husband and have him talk to the poor woman who's now mopping the steps near the door.
Bad thing is, I KNOW THIS WOMAN.
She's April from the PWOC (the chapel group.)
Well, here's to first impressions!
Bleck...

1 comment:

Christina said...

LOL I was laughing!!!! Poor Kahlua she is a crack up!!!