Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ham I am..

So, we sort of invited ourselves over to someone else's Thanksgiving.
Okay, Lance, asked if we could come to a friend and co-worker's for Thanksgiving.
I then proceeded to open my mouth and say that I could bring a ham.
It's not that I am against cooking, but I didn't know it was this big thing.
So, luckily I just found a good recipe for Honey Glazed ham and I am going with it.
I'll let you all know if it was edible.
I am back into the routine of doing dinner.
I forgot how much I like cooking. I cooked some in the states, but I like that I can do it at home without all of the, I like this or she needs something not spicy...you know no complaints.
Tonight was Sour Cream and Salsa, it is one of the easiest meals you can make and then it is Lance's favorite. I made it even spicier than normal and it was pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

I am finally getting the "apartment" ready. I am finally coming out of the jet-lag funk that is.
It is really hard to stay motivated when I know we are moving soon. But it's livable. I am so ready to get out of there. I may be overstating it, but I am.

I need curtains for the living room. The ones we have are just not working and I think I will be able to use them for the dining room. So, that means Lance will have to measure this huge window and off to IKEA we go - off post that is, for these curtains. I have never in my life seen such huge windows. Maybe it's another way Europeans save on electricity - it's the only thing I can figure.

I have so much I want to do. I am in a baking mood. Saturday I made muffins and froze them and today I got stuff for Choc. Chip cookies, Cranberry, and Banana breads. I want to get all of my baking out of the way early so I can just take out and give when I need to. That means I also have to stamp some Christmas cards to go along with them and I would also like to work on a bunch more cards as well - my stash is low.

All of these while I am trying to figure out activities for Logan. I have two activity books that I need to start reading. Now that I am out of the jet-lag funk it should be a whole lot easier. People think I am nuts, but I also plan on making edible play dough. I figure it will help Logan in creating things and be a thinker..he shows lots of potential - I guess all children do, it just seems to be different when they're yours. I want the world for this boy and I just hope in time he knows that.

Well I am off........

1 comment:

Christina said...

Your such a good wife and mommy!!! Good luck on the ham!