Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday..

It's Sunday.
We move tomorrow.
Our termination date for the apartment we're in now is Wednesday.
We seem to have drive now to get things done.
We went through everything and know what's going and what's not going.
One thing I realized is that we have way too much stuff.

I started going through this huge bag of Logan's old baby clothes.
Basically he had grown out of it before we'd ever left Germany for Colorado back in Feb.
127 article of clothing, several items were never worn and two still have tags on them.
Then there is his co-sleeper, 3 Pooh hampers, Pooh nursery bedding and Infant toys.
I am sending a few things to my girlfriend, Anna, and then planning on selling the rest on Stars and Stripes or an online site for the military over here in Germany.
Later on I plan on having a basement sale for stuff from the house that we no longer need.

Yeah and we as American's like to talk about what we don't have. I think if we listed what we do have, we'd realize our blessings more often. No one in my family is in want at least.

I do believe this is God teaching me about materialisim again.
Hmm...perhaps it will stick to my heart now!

Hopefully the next time I blog, it will be from my house. Hopefully when we go to the new place tomorrow the internet and phone will be working...

We shall see. Take it to heart, YOU HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I know we have tons of crap we dont need so I started selling stuff on Craigs List this weekend. Need the money bad so ya getting rid off stuff cheep so other people can enjoy it. Infact just sold that love seat in the basement for $60!!!