Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God still reigns today....

Obama won the presidency.
I came home to that victory last night.
I was highly disappointed, but now as I said, "I will respect him in office."
This does not mean all of the sudden I agree with him or like him even, but you cannot expect things to always go your way, or expect things for you, your family and so on and not be willing to give them, when things are not going your way.
Commander and Chief, is the highest title of our nation and I must respect that title.
All I can do for this man is pray for him. That is my call to duty now.
I will wonder a lot about the future, but again I must remind myself that God doesn't promise us tomorrow, so we, I, need to focus on today and what, we, I can doo in it.
We must not wallow in what is not.
We can still fight for the things we believe in everyday. It shouldn't be only at election time that we suddenly care about our values.
For me, I can love my son and fight the pro-choice movement every day.
I can stand up for marriage, by standing along side my husband.
I can fight for Christian values by having them in my home and evevn when I am in my community.
I can fight for the troops, by taking care of the soldiers in my husband's company and their familes and even those I meet in passing.
You see it is not just every four years that we should be doing this, it's every second, minute, hour of everyday that we should seek to know who we are and to fight for what we believe in.

God truly bless America and lead us Father........

No comments: