Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Weekend..

Still no phone or internet at home.
We should have it hooked up today, then we'll have it by Monday.
I am at the PX using a computer.

I am in procrastination mode right now.
We don't have a lot to do, but I am being really slow about what we do have to do in order to move.
I just cannot seem to get my fire lit.

Last night was fun. We went to Mainz and met up with our church friends that have a church plant there. It is a bit unusual as our church now owns a hotel and they're all living in it. It is interesting to see what it is now and what it was. We ate yummy waffles and played cards. Try sitting and playing cards when the lanuage is German. I was def. the fish out of water, but it almost reminded me I need to be trying harder to learn German now.

Today, is just a slow day of sorts. Lance had to work from 0900-1400. He has kennel care and they had a DEMO for the Boy Scouts. Not sure why the Boy Scouts need to see Military working dogs, but hey it counts for Lance's training and with all of his time back in the states, Lance needs that time for his records. Lance goes to Cert. in December, from the 8th to the 12th, so I am a bit nervous about how he and Karlo will do since they haven't been training as much with Lance's leave and then having 24 hr. watch on another dog. Lance tells me not to sweat it, but I do wonder.

I am very proud of Lance. He's going to start school again in January. At last we get to see an offical evaluation of all of his college work and then his military work. We've almost been married 5 yrs. and I have pushed him that long to get on it and I think he's finally taking it to heart. I am holding off on school for the moment. I may take the seminar class I need, but other then that we are going to see where he is before we work on my education. It's a long story, but I am fine with it.

And there it is, Thanksgiving is on its way and soon it will be Christmas.
We look forward to enjoying it as a family.
And onward to 2009, I know it will be a great year coming..

1 comment:

Christina said...

That is pretty interesting that the church people live at the hotel that is different. Glad you got to have a night out playing cards I am sure it was fun!